Covid-19 Update 11 May 2020
Anyone with a “new, continuous” cough or high temperature is now advised to self-isolate for seven days.
Please have a look at the Self-isolation advice.
If you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
URGENT MESSAGE RE. COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS): APPOINTMENTS & ADVICE
Dear Patients of Modality LLP,
Here at Modality LLP, infection control has always been of the highest priority so during the current COVID-19 pandemic we have taken extra precautions to ensure patients and staff stay safe.
These additional measures in place are grouped into the following sections:
What to expect at your appointment
- All outpatient services provide options for telephone/ video consultations.
- Each patient will be screened via a telephone call for infection prior to a face to face appointment
- Each patient will have their temperature taken prior to entering the waiting room.
- Additional staff are in place to help with patient flow in waiting areas, you may be required to wait in your car and called in when the clinic is ready for your appointment.
- Please arrive 5 minutes before your appointment. If you are any earlier or the maximum number of patients in the waiting room, has been reached, you may be asked to wait outside.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you will not be able to enter the building and asked to rebook your appointment.
Steps we are taking to deliver the highest standards of infection control
- Enhanced cleaning regime to clinic rooms, waiting areas and clinical equipment.
- All our staff are provided with government recommended PPE.
- Increased infection control audits/ monitoring at each site
Maintaining social distancing at our clinic locations
- Face to face appointments and clinic times have been adjusted to help with patient flow in clinics to ensure safe social distancing.
- Limit the number of patients in the waiting area, strictly adhering to social distancing guidance.
Patients requiring interpreters/assistance during their appointment
- Please let us know at the time of booking if you have any mobility issues so that we can provide a safe waiting area for you.
- If you require a translator, please make our admin team aware of this prior to your appointment so that we can arrange a telephone translating service for you.
At Modality LLP, with our commitment to patient safety we are confident that the additional measures we have put in place will provide a safe environment for your outpatient appointments.
Please ensure that our team has up to date contact details for you, including mobile telephone numbers where available, for clinical staff and reception teams to be able to contact you urgently if needed. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. If you have any concerns about your appointment please contact the Admin Team.
ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM SYMPTOMS THAT MAY BE CASUED BY COVID-19
If you have been in contact with someone infected with Coronavirus or you think you may have Coronavirus or if you have a fever, cough, sore throat or breathing problems:
- DO NOT GO TO YOUR COMMUNITY SERVICE APPOINTMENT, OR GP PRACTICE OR, COMMUNITY PHARMACY OR HOSPITAL
- DO stay indoors and avoid close contact with people
- DO seek medical help and advice by visiting NHS Website or
- DO call NHS 111 by simply dialling 111 or visiting NHS Website if you need further medical help and advice